Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: The field of 65

  1. #11
    Inactive Member imported_Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2006
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The field of 65

    year in, year out the acc is better in hoops.
    [img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]

  2. #12
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: The field of 65

    [ QUOTE ]
    year in, year out the acc is better in hoops.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Except last year.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The field of 65

    If I was putting money on one conference to come up with a national title, Id pick the Big 12. I believe that Kansas, TAMU, and Texas could all win it. The only team I really feel could win 6 in a row in the ACC is North Carolina. Same with the SEC, I think its Florida or bust.

    The Big 10 always has the team that never comes through. Outside of Michigan State, I cant remember a national champ coming out of the Big 10 since Alford's Indiana team.

    I dont have much confidence in the Pac 10 teams either. All of them are pretty flawed. Arizona and Oregon play terrible defense. Wassu cant score so its tough for them to win when they get behind. USC is pretty talented but lack interior play. UCLA is sorta like Gate City, they play lock down defense but they dont put the ball in the basket that well. Afflalo can only carry them so far. Collison isnt quite the player that Farmar was last year.

    Memphis is sort of a wildcard.

    Im guessing half the final four ends up being mediocre like last year before the team that truely deserves to win, ends up winning.(one of the powerhouses).

    I wouldnt have alot of confidence in any of the conferences, it really only comes down to matchups but if I was a betting man, Id throw money on the big 3 of the big 12. Id personally like to see the Burnt Orange cut down the nets with the best player in the land getting his ring.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The field of 65

    I agree on the Big 12, I think TAMU, Texas, or Kansas could all win it this year. I have a feeling that the winner of the UNC/Texas game might win it all.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The field of 65

    but that would only mean your conference is top-heavy...top to bottom, no one matches the ACC
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  6. #16
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: The field of 65

    I can't see any ACC team besides UNC making it past the
    sweet 16 and they'll have a tough time with Texas...

    The ACC's teams are pretty good, but in my opinion not the level the ACC has been at in the past 7 or 8 years. I won't be surprised to see 2 or 3 ACC teams eliminated in the first round.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The field of 65

    having a team go far in the tourney doesn't determine how strong your conference is

    if we went by that logic, the Big West would be a power conference

    or even worse...the CAA wouldve been one of the top 4 conferences in the nation last year
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The field of 65

    What does it matter if your conference is top heavy. In the end, nooone is going to remember that a conference had 7 bids, they are going to remember that they had 1 team in the sweet 16 or whatever as an example.



  9. #19
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: The field of 65

    They will also remember if they had 2 in the final four ala the SEC last year.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The field of 65

    thats my thoughts exactly. Outside of LSU, Florida, Mason, and UCLA, I dont really remember what teams from what conferences made it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •